let's read...

Friday, December 12, 2008

Ahhhh, the joys of Christmas,



let me count the ways you inspire me.

1. Watching the kids run around the tree lot (although picking out a tree was a bit harder this way).

2. Drinking hot cocoa and staring at the Christmas Tree at night.

3. Seeing my giant handmade stockings hanging on the mantle of our non-working fireplace. (At least Santa won't get a burned bum)

4. Playing Christmas music all the time and singing to it at the top of our lungs.

5. Seeing the excitement in my son's eyes as he watches Polar Express.

6. Shopping for cool toys I (oh, I mean the kids) can't wait to play with.

7. Making my first Xmas card this year.

8. Getting those mysterious packages each day after online shopping binges last week and I'd already forgotten some of the things I bought.

9. Driving around looking at all the fantastic lights, and thankful that even in this economy people still feel festive.

10. Hiding presents from everyone (this is the first year we've had to do that).

Here's a picture of my little darlings and our own personal xmas card. I hope you are able to take some time out to experience your own joys!

No comments: