let's read...

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Want a good scrapbook fiction read?

I'm an avid reader, and you'll see that I like a wide range of literature by watching my marquee, but my all time favorite is the cozy mystery. While other girls had Barbie tea parties and dances, mine were dressed up like Harriet the Spy and went in search of missing cats and buried treasure. I was even going to be a private detective or an FBI detective (like in that 80's TV show Simon & Simon), but then my mom pointed out they had to carry guns and I decided against it. Anyway, one of my favorite authors is Laura Childs. Her first series heroine is a tea-shop owner in Charleston, SC and the other is a scrapbook store owner in New Orleans. This woman must be channeling me, as those are my two favorite obsessions in two of my favorite towns in America. She gives recipes in the back of both books, and she gives scrapbooking project ideas in the back of her scrapbook series. Just a little tidbit of my life I thought I'd share. Have a blessed Sunday.

2 comments:

Karen W said...

I love her books as well. I have just read the 1st two. I'll have to keep an eye out for it the next time I'm in B&N.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I like her books, too! They're fun.