let's read...

Thursday, January 6, 2011

What do you do?

What do you do when your Scrapbook Pages To DO list becomes overwhelming? I found myself with that same question over the holidays and was so frustrated because of all the deadlines and business things I had to complete. See, as I take pictures, or hear my kids say cute things, I write down on a list what I want to scrap about. Does anyone else do that? Well, my list was threatening to take on a 2nd page soon. So one afternoon over the break instead of cleaning the bathrooms I told myself it was OK to do something I WANTED to do for an hour. With the help of some templates and some of my favorite Flergs and Microferk kits, I created 4 layouts just like that. I felt instantly energized, went back to those darned bathrooms and went back to photoshop to design without feeling frustrated. I learned that you must give yourself permission to take time out to do what you love, otherwise you just face eventual burn-out. Do you want to know what I'm doing tomorrow during naptime? NOT making the CT ads I need to, I'm going to do some more layouts!!!! (well, THEN I'll do the ads, but the scrapping comes first tomorrow). Here's some of my yumminess I made, what do you think?






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great! All wonderful memories, too. Good for you!

Always Faith said...

beautiful! love love them! =)